Most men have been in bed with a lady at some point, and when dropping your pants her smile kind of… fades.
You feel it in your stomach, your chest clenches and you feel like crawling into a hole.
Let’s face it, you probably aren’t happy with the size of your penis. You’re too scared to discuss it with your doctor, but it’s affecting your sexual health.
Simply put, you will need to alter your penis to change it’s size. Stretch methods, long term health changes for tissue increase, or surgery techniques might all work.
They all have their individual drawbacks and benefits, with varying degrees of success for male enhancement.
- 1 What Is A “Normal” Penis Size?
- 2 What Determines Penis Size?
- 3 What Is The Best Girth Exercise?
- 4 What Is Jelqing?
- 5 Penis Enlargement Supplements For Girth
- 6 Can Surgery Increase My Girth?
- 7 Other Penis Enlargement Methods
- 8 Being Healthier Can Make Your Penis Bigger
- 9 Size Does Matter, But Not As Much As You Think
What Is A “Normal” Penis Size?
The size of the penis varies greatly from person to person. The average penis has 5.1 – 5.5 inches in length, but most men do wish they could increase the length of their penis.
In fact, some research shows that the average male wish they could stretch their penis by a further 2 inches.
This comes as no surprise as the average female has claimed to prefer a penis ranging from 6.3 – 6.4 inches.
This kind of pressure can be a lot on a man, as penis size is something natural and is not always easy to alter. However, there are a few techniques that can perhaps increase your girth and length.
What Determines Penis Size?
The girth and length of your penis is determined by various factors. Chief amongst which being genetics. Genetics play the largest role in determining the size of your penis.
The amount of testosterone you released as a fetus can massively influence the size of your penis – too little can even be a cause of having a micropenis.
Another genetic factor as research has found, is the amount of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) your mother released whilst you were in her womb. hCG also play a role in testicular as well as penis development; and could influence the overall size and girth of your penis.
Next is environmental factors. The environment can sometimes introduce toxins or unwanted hormones into the body which can lead to permanent damage. Endocrine Disrupters (plastics, pesticides) can have harmful effects on your penis, erection and your entire body.
What Is The Best Girth Exercise?
Increasing your girth refers to increasing the circumference of the penis. Evidence shows the average penis girth is 3.66 for a flaccid penis and 4.59 inches for an erect one. Women prefer men with a thicker penis, and with at least 4.5 inches of girth.
To increase girth at home will require you to become quite cunning. Stretching exercises require you to stretch your penis (safely) to increase the length and girth. This exercise can only be done whilst your penis is flaccid, and shouldn’t cause pain. You can likewise apply men enlarging creams which are made of natural ingredients that boosts blood flow to your genitals. Follow the steps below to stretch the penis:
1. Grip the head of your penis, relatively firmly.
2. For the following 10 seconds, stretch your penis upward.
3. Then pull your penis to the right, for 10 seconds. Then pull your penis to the left.
4. Repeat this process a twice a day, for about 5 minutes.
This is one of the exercises for penis stretching. Alternatively, you could try this:
1. Grip the head of your penis, relatively firmly.
2. Grabbing both your penis, and the base at the same time. Proceed to pull your penis upward. Hold this for 10 seconds.
3. Do this to the left, and the right – both for 10 seconds. Whilst doing this, hold pressure at the base of the penis.
4. Do this once per day, repeat for 2 minutes.
What Is Jelqing?
Jelqing (or to Jelq) refers to stretching the penis in a very specific manner.
It involves doing the following penile lengthening procedure for 20-30 minutes per day:
1. Place your thumb and index finger in the shape of an “O”. Place this around the base of your penis, grip firmly.
2. Make the “O” shape smaller to apply pressure to the base of your penis.
3. Slowly move your fingers towards the head of the penis up the shaft, slowly. Loosen your grip if the pressure becomes painful – this is called Jelqing.
Jelqing has little research to support it unfortunately. However, if you choose to Jelq, please stay safe and stop if you feel any pain, and contact a doctor.
Penis Enlargement Supplements For Girth
Medical aids to help you increase the size of your flaccid penis do exist in the form of supplements – kind of.
For a supplement to act as a penis enlargement method, it would need to increase the rate at which your blood flows, or act as a testosterone enhancement.
Supplements that improve blood flow via Nitric Oxide such as Arginine or Citrulline could help. These compounds allow greater blood flow to the penis.
Testosterone boosting supplements might help as well, as a boos in testosterones might be an alternative method to surgical enhancement. Another supplement to alter the length of you penis, is hCG and HGH.
Now technically, HGH and hCG are not supplements. You will have to talk to your doctor to be approved for this first, as they are very high grade pharmaceutical compounds.
Evidence show there might be a slight improvement in sexual function, and penis girth if these two are administrated. The evidence only really exists for children however, and your doctor might not be very keen on helping you.
Can Surgery Increase My Girth?
The surgical way to enhance your penis, is a route chosen by a lot of men. At home exercises are great, but leaving it to the professionals might be better.
There are three main surgeries are Penuma (only FDA approved surgery), Fat Grafting, and Suspensory Ligament Alteration.
The Penuma treatment is extremely expensive, costing upwards of $15 000 – and is probably not covered by your medical aid.
However, it can massively improve your penile length – 1.5 – 2.5 inches. Doctors place a piece of medical grade silicon into your penis, this unfortunately might not increase girth.
Fat grafting is the act of removing fat from one part of the body and placing it into the base of your penis.
As these fat cells also contain stem sells, these stem cells have the ability to bring about penile growth. Fat grafting will improve girth of the penile tissue, since the entire penis will be growing.
Lastly, is cutting the Suspensory Ligament. By cutting this ligament, the penis has the ability to hang more freely – making it appear bigger. This will not injure the penile tissue, but the surgery does carry risks regardless. This unfortunately will not increase girth.
Other Penis Enlargement Methods
Penis enlargement methods move well and beyond a simple penis stretching method.
The human body can survive quite a bit, and even using devices to increase the size of your penis show promising effects.
Check with your GP first before using any of these as they might cause penile tissue damage.
Using a vacuum device for penile elongation might help increase your penis girth and length. An enlargement pump will help you get erect, and using the ring in unison with the penal pump will maintain your erection for a full 30 minutes.
Blood flow will be cut off from the body, and it will be safe for you to have sex or masturbate via the penis pump method. This might not be the best method to increase the length of your penis, but it will help with erectile dysfunction. Stop using if you feel pain.
Alternatively, you could try using something like a quick extender device. These are traction devices for penile growth which have been shown to increase penis length by a whopping 1 – 1.5 inches – flaccid tissue. Traction devices like male edge extender do run the risk of injury however, so take great caution.
Lastly are Penis Injections. Injections would be comprised of compounds such as Hyaluronic acid or Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres – with the latter having great success in increasing girth by up to 1 – 1.1 inches.
This change was found in the flaccid penis state, as well as when the subjects had erections or whilst having sex. This of course does have side effects, so act safely.
Being Healthier Can Make Your Penis Bigger
While traction devices and penis pumps are great methods of increasing penis size, there might be even simpler methods.
As blood flow is strongly linked to penis size and function, it might be a good idea to improve your blood flow overall – having better blood flow will also lead to a more erect penis!
Losing body fat can significantly improve penis function and size, as a smaller body will make your penis appear bigger.
Improving your general health via weight loss will also help because it can lead to a better sex life. Losing some fat will definitely improve your girth – potentially more than stretching or a traction device could
Decreasing your blood pressure and cholesterol levels might help as well. There is sufficient evidence to show that not only with lowering these have long term health effects, but it could improve the functionality as well as the size of your penile tissue.
Trying to grow your natural testosterone might also help. Testosterone and Human Growth Hormone (HGH) have both been linked with penis growth in children.
When going through puberty, these hormones are responsible for development of the penis and testicular tissue. There is some evidence that increasing your natural levels of these could act as a penis enlargement method.
To increase testosterone, eat a diet high in seafood, sleep more than 7 hours at night, exercise a few times during the week, and eat more fiber rich foods. These will all also improve overall health.
To improve Growth Hormone it might be wise to follow an intermittent dieting plan, improving sleep quality, losing bodyfat, or take supplements.
Size Does Matter, But Not As Much As You Think
Improving your sexual function, or penis length might be a very intimidating task. Most women are completely satisfied with the length of their partner’s penis.
If you are unhappy, perhaps it is time to exercise some psychological tricks to help you become accepting of your body in stead of going for the surgical route.
Very few of the methods such as the penis pump have actually been peer reviewed and found to be safe and effective. To save yourself sexual pain, talk to your doctor first before engaging in penis stretching or using traction devices.
1. King BM. Average-Size Erect Penis: Fiction, Fact, and the Need for Counseling. J Sex Marital Ther. 2021;47(1):80-89. doi: 10.1080/0092623X.2020.1787279. Epub 2020 Jul 15. PMID: 32666897.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32666897/#:~:text=Based%20on%20these%20studies%2C%20the,some%20choosing%20penile%20lengthening%20surgery.
2. Prause N, Park J, Leung S, Miller G. Women’s Preferences for Penis Size: A New Research Method Using Selection among 3D Models. PLoS One. 2015;10(9):e0133079. Published 2015 Sep 2. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0133079 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4558040/
4. Veale, D., Miles, S., Bramley, S., Muir, G. and Hodsoll, J. (2015), Nomograms for flaccid/erect penis length and circumference. BJU Int, 115: 978-986. https://doi.org/10.1111/bju.13010 https://bjui-journals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/bju.13010
5. Nikoobakht M, Shahnazari A, Rezaeidanesh M, Mehrsai A, Pourmand G. Effect of penile-extender device in increasing penile size in men with shortened penis: preliminary results. J Sex Med. 2011 Nov;8(11):3188-92. doi: 10.1111/j.1743-6109.2009.01662.x. Epub 2010 Jan 19. PMID: 20102448. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20102448/
7. Cordero A, Bertomeu-Martínez V, Mazón P, Fácila L, González-Juanatey JR. Erectile dysfunction may improve by blood pressure control in patients with high-risk hypertension. Postgrad Med. 2010 Nov;122(6):51-6. doi: 10.3810/pgm.2010.11.2223. PMID: 21084782. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21084782/